26.8.08

We Make Christmas Fair * notes

It's going to be my first fair and it's going to be grand!!
The "We Make Christmas" fair will be held in London, on the 6th of December.
The Craft fair is taking place at the The American Church, 79A Tottenham Court Road, London.
You'll find a great variety of handmade items!
I know it's only August, but time goes by really fast and in the meanwhile you can meet the sellers you'll find at the fair and start your Santa Letter."
See you there!

Today's Seller: notes


1. Your name and location?
I’m Diane and I live in Hove, but am originally from Australia.

2. Shop/Brand name?
notes: http://www.notes.etsy.com

3. What's the story behind this name?
I decided to call the shop notes after a zine I’d written about my move to England,titled Notes to a Further Excuse, which is actually stolen from the adorable Jeffrey Brown graphic novel AEIOU (http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog.php?type=19&page=8).
4. When did you start crafting?
I guess I’ve always been a bit crafty, and started making things and sewing for myself when I was a teenager. Taking it that one step further and attempting to sell my wares has been more of a recent thing – I started selling on Etsy (in my spare time) just over a year ago, and have recently started doing the craft fair thing too!


5. Do you have a special place to craft?
No, but I wish I did! My sewing machine is currently sitting on a desk in the bedroom, and I have fabric and supplies put away in plastic storage boxes (in an attempt to be neat and tidy). When I grow up I want a real craft room!

6. What's your favorite craft supplies shop?
I try to buy as much fabric as I can locally (Fabric Land here in Brighton is a good, affordable option),but I also shop online when I’m looking for unique, hard to find fabrics.

7. Your favorite piece?
I’m quite proud of the clutch purses I’ve just started making, and am a slightly in love with the Tea Clutch and the Little Robots Clutch that are currently in my Etsy store.



8. What are your expectations for the 'We Make Christmas' fair?
I’m hoping to have a fun day and to meet lots of lovely people. I had a half stall at the previous We Make London fair,so hopefully this time round I’ll be less nervous and more prepared in terms of knowing what to expect, but I’m not holding my breath!

9. Have you started to work for the fair yet?
Not exactly, but I’m very productive when there is a deadline looming…

10. Leave us a little appetizer for the 'We Make Christmas' Fair
There will be lots of lovely handmade goodness on offer – plenty of colourful fabrics, tote bags in all different shapes and sizes, as well as clutch purses,coin purses, and possibly even some cushions. Come and say hi!

No comments: