26.8.08

We Make Christmas Fair * Ei! Kumpel

It's going to be my first fair and it's going to be grand!!
The "We Make Christmas" fair will be held in London, on the 6th of December.
The Craft fair is taking place at the The American Church, 79A Tottenham Court Road, London.
You'll find a great variety of handmade items!
I know it's only August, but time goes by really fast and in the meanwhile you can meet the sellers you'll find at the fair and start your Santa Letter."
See you there!

Today's Seller: Ei! Kumpel

1. Your name and location?
My name is Margarida and I'm now living most of my time in Yeovil, Somerset and a tiny part in Aveiro, Portugal!

2. Shop/Brand name?
Ei! Kumpel: http://shop.eikumpel.com/
3. What's the story behind this name?
Well, do you remember an advertisement were a car was driven by Kermit the frog? The original ad is in German, and when Kermit stops the car he screams “Ei!!! Kumpel!! (…)”. When we (me and my boyfriend) saw this version of the ad, we were overwhelmed with such cuteness. It was remarkable and so funny that we started calling each other Ei! Kumpel. (Kumpel is the German word for friend or pal.)By the time we had to name the store it was pretty easy: Ei! Kumpel!!! Now lets make it remarkable! :)
You can see the ad here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoegebCYCpE

4. When did you start crafting?
I learned a lot of crafty techniques when I was very young, because my grandmother was a professional sewer and taught me a lot! But I only started to craft on a regular basis around 2 years ago.


5. Do you have a special place to craft?
Not really... I have a cabinet were I keep all my supplies but the table where I craft is also my computer table.
6. What's your favorite craft supplies shop?
I don't really have one favourite craft supplies shop... I like to browse several shops, in person and online and I also like to discover new supplies shops!

7. Your favorite piece?
Mr Comma (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9398517)! he makes me smile over and over again!


8. What are your expectations for the "We Make Christmas" fair?
I hope to meet new people, to sell some crafts and overall to have a great and different saturday in London! yay!

9. Have you started to worked for the fair yet?
I'm putting a lot of ideas on paper and I already designed some pieces. And some pieces are ready for the fair!

10. Leave us a little appetizer for the "We Make Christmas" Fair.
If you like original, fun and funky accessories and dolls come to the "We Make Christmas" Fair and make a visit to Ei! Kumpel's stall! They make wonderful and lovely gifts too!

No comments: