24.8.08

We Make Christmas*Moments By Martha

It's going to be my first fair and it's going to be grand!!
The "We Make Christmas" fair will be held in London, on the 6th of December.
The Craft fair is taking place at the The American Church, 79A Tottenham Court Road, London.
You'll find a great variety of handmade items!
I know it's only August, but time goes by really fast and in the meanwhile you can meet the sellers you'll find at the fair and start your Santa Letter."
See you there!

Today's Seller: Moments By Martha



1. Your name and location?
I'm Becci, and live near Oxford - but am originally from the New Forest.

2. Shop/Brand name?

Moments By Martha : Here.

3. What's the story behind this name?
Martha is the cat... she is a proper cutie, and has given us so many lovely 'moments'! That and it was the only name I could think of at the time!

4. When did you start crafting?
I have always enjoyed making things! I think my love of crafting has been inherited from my Mum and my Gran - I remember making woolly bobbles in front of the fire at my Grandparents house, ready to turn into toys to taunt the cat with... making skirts and paper quills, cross stitch and glass painting are all things I remember doing with Mum, both as child and later as a teenager. I guess I started making my jewellery about 2 years ago, and decided to sell it just before Christmas last year...It is often chunky- but sometimes delicate. Most of my pieces are one of a kind, although some may be similar to each other. They tend to be created as and when inspiration hits... which can be sporadic! I tend to buy beads without a real idea of what I'll do with them, just knowing that how they look or feel will inspire me to make something lovely - a neclace, a pair of earrings or a bangle!



5. Do you have a special place to craft?
Yep - of course. Its on my lap in front of the telly, with a nice slice of cake and a cup of tea! I don't have a craft room, just an overflowing box to store my goodies in!

6. What's your favorite craft supplies shop?
All and any of them! I love picking things up and playing with them, although a lot of my beads come from the internet.

7. Your favorite piece (from your creations)?
Currently my favorite items are probably the "2 Square earrings", which have gorgeous tiger ebony wood squares with a cube of sponge coral suspended in the middle...quite chunky and funky, but still feminine.



8. What are your expectations for the "We Make Christmas" fair?
I'm hoping to see a good mixture of arts and crafts, with a nice modern, trendy vibe. Of course I'd love to sell my entire stock, but provided I cover my costs, meet some nice people and have a fun day then I don't mind.

9. Have you started to worked for the fair yet?
As most of my items are one of a kind I won't have a "stock" as such. Instead I'll bring everything that I've made, which should be plenty to fill a stall. I am also organising a craft fair in Oxford, the "handm@de", bext November 9th, check details here

10. Leave us a little appetizer fot the "We Make Christmas" fair.
I'll bring along just about everything that is in my shop!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Martha seems to be a cuttie! Lovely story.

Anonymous said...

Martha looks so calm and content - she is a beauty! Looking forward to seeing your lovely goodies Moment - and meeting you!